Parks / Beaches
At Lake Tobesofkee
Questions about Camping or Shelter Reservations? Contact Us.
The Tobesofkee Recreation Area has three public
parks namely Claystone, Sandy Beach and Arrowhead Park.
Claystone Park is located on Moseley
Dixon Road near I-475 and Arrowhead Park is located on Columbus Road
near U.S. 80.
Arrowhead and Claystone Parks are
open year round and offer clean , spacious campsites that can accommodate
tent or RV campers.
Both campgrounds offer full electrical and water hook-ups, as well as
disposal stations for sanitary purposes. Lakefront or lakeview sites
are available along with boat ramps, clean bath facilities, coin operated
laundries and a full-time staff of park rangers for your convenience
and safety. The campgrounds also offer permanent charcoal grills and
picnic tables for campers. All campsites in Claystone Park are paved
and half the campsites are paved in Arrowhead Park. Each campground
can handle any size recreational vehicle.
Rules For Camping:
Note: Other park rules may also apply to campers. Anyone wishing a complete list of TRA Rules & Regulations may request a copy at the camping area gatehouse.
- Persons registering to camp must show a valid drivers license or picture ID and must be 21 years of age or older.
- Camping is limited to fourteen (14) consecutive nights at any one site. After fourteen (14) consecutive
nights campers and the unit (RV, camper, trailer, etc..) must move to
another site designated by the Director.
- Campers may stay a total of seven (7) nights within a thirty (30) night period at the waterfront sites in
Arrowhead Park. Campers and the Unit (RV, camper, trailer, etc..) must
vacate the site for 30 nights before re-occupying any waterfront site.
- Campers who bring boats must pay the daily boat fee regardless of whether the boat is in the water or a designated parking area. Boats and boat trailers shall not be parked at the campsites.
- Tent camping is permitted in RV sites. Camping occupancy is limited to one camping unit; (RV, Pop-up, trailer, or family tent) and one additional small tent per campsite. Each campsite is permitted two vehicles. Tent camping is not permitted in pull through or sewer access sites.
- The use of major electrical appliances such as, but not limited to, refrigerators, washing machines, ice makers and so forth is not permitted outside any camping unit.
- All children under 16 years of age must wear a helmet when riding a bicycle anywhere inside County parks.
- Off-road vehicles (ATV=s, dirt bikes, go-carts, motorized scooters, etc..)
are forbidden. Golf carts are forbidden except for the disabled displaying a valid handicap sticker.
- Fireworks and other similar potentially dangerous devices are forbidden.
- No oversized vehicles, with the exception of motor homes, will be allowed to be kept in the camping area
(tractor trailer trucks, wreckers, etc..).
- After 9:00 p.m. all children under 16 years of age must be accompanied by an adult unless they are at their campsite. Parents are responsible for the action and safety of their children.
- Pets must be kept on a leash and attended at all times. Unleashed pets and those whose conduct disturbs other campers must be removed from the park by the owner.
- No alcohol allowed inside the Tobesofkee Recreation Area. Disorderly conduct, drunkenness or obscene language is forbidden.
- No vehicle will be allowed to park alongside the roadways in the camping areas.
- All garbage must be deposited in dumpsters.
Claystone Park Map